Saturday, July 7, 2012

i have a child support order i pay for my children in canada i now live in florida who now has jurisdiction


i have a child support order i pay for my children in canada i now live in florida who now has jurisdiction ?
I just immigrated and married someone from the usa. my children are in canada. i was paying child support directly to canada. i have fallen behind because of the move and immigration waiting period. i live in florida now. have received court papers for non payment of child support. My question will florida child support laws now prevail ? or does it stay canadas laws?
Law & Ethics - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Canada maintains jurisdiction. Your move does not change that. If the children moved that COULD change that.
2 :
It stays with the preceding court. It is like that here in the US as well. If you were to divorce in FL and move to TX or NY, the state laws of FL would be the deciding court/laws. Each state has it's own laws. You were better off in Canada.Trust me.






Read more discussions :