Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is it a long shot to become an actress in California if I live in central Florida


Is it a long shot to become an actress in California if I live in central Florida?
I live in Florida, on the other side of America, thousands of miles away from California. Could I ever get a chance to do this when I live so far away? Will they even look at me?
Theater & Acting - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No.
2 :
you have a snowball's chance in you-know-where of getting discovered by hollywood. everyone out there has connections to the industry.
3 :
Florida has it's own growing pool of talent and is frequently visited by Hollywood directors who film there. Films like Edward Scissorhands, The Punisher, and a scene from Ocean's Eleven was shot in florida as well. There are currently two shows shooting in south Florida: Burn Notice and a new series called The Glades. Start building up your resume in Florida, and get an agent there. It's unlikely that anyone in California would be interested in you because I'm guessing that you have little/ no experience and no agent.
4 :
I live in California and it is a long shot for people who live here too. I'd focus on getting an agent because that can be harder than getting work.






Read more discussions :