Sunday, November 1, 2009

15 year old NY resident driving in Florida


15 year old NY resident driving in Florida?
I live in NY, but i have a house in Florida. Actually, it's my grandpa's house, but my question is: Can he take me to the DMV and get me a license or permit? I don't care if I can use it in NY or not, I just want to be able to drive around in Florida. Also, if I am 15, would I not be able to drive at all when I go back to NY?
Law Enforcement & Police - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You have to get your drivers permit in the state where you have your permanent address, NY. You cant get it in Florida then come back and use it in NY. The legal driving age in NY is 16 which means even if you had a drivers license at 15, you wouldnt be able to drive.
2 :
If you satisfy the requirements for a Florida permit you can get your permit in Florida. You might even get a Florida license! You would not be able to drive in NY until you are 16, even with a Florida license. You would have driving privileges in Florida, just as any other person with a Florida permit or license. Check with the Florida DMV for permit requirements.






Read more discussions :