Monday, October 1, 2012

I live in Florida is their a way I can terminate my sons biological fathers rights


I live in Florida is their a way I can terminate my sons biological fathers rights?
My childs father has not seen my son since Nov 09 it is now Aug 10 and he has had no visitation. He only pays child support because its court ordered.My husband would like to adopt my son, but of course we cant do that unless his biological father gives up his rights.
Family - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
JERRY SPRINGER!!!!!!
2 :
All you have to do is ask him to sign over his rights and he may just do it to get out of paying child support.
3 :
JERRY JERRY JERRY!
4 :
you need to check with the state of florida because from what i'm understanding is that each state has it's own laws about about fathers seeing and giving up rights to their children. do you know the reasons why he hasn't seen his son? i live in illinois and the laws here are definitely for the fathers seeing their children. some may be the same and some may be different, so you need to check with a lawyer that specialize in that law.
5 :
Unless the father agrees to give up his rights, stops paying child support, or is being abusive, there is not immediate way of doing this. You can, however, go before a judge, and attempt to convince the judge that it would be best to terminate the fathers rights and the judge may agree and terminate his rights. Call the local court house and ask for the family court clerk and ask about it. Note: If the father's rights are terminated he most likely will not be required to provide child support.






Read more discussions :