Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How do I get divorced from my husband who lives in Ohio and I live in Florida


How do I get divorced from my husband who lives in Ohio and I live in Florida?
We've been separated for over a year now. I've been waiting to save up some money so that I can get the divorce package and to file it. We've not even consummated the marriage and there are no children involved. How should I go about doing this?
Marriage & Divorce - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would look at the different laws for Florida. I live in Ohio and know that you have to be a resident here for so many days before you can file for a divorce, etc etc. My ex-husband lives in California and as for living in 2 seperate states, the process was not difficult at all. My attorney mailed him what he needed to sign and it was all pretty simple. As for divorce or dissolution kits, just be careful. We had actually spent the money on one and ended up still going with an attorney just because the kits are so generic and not easy to understand if you are uncomfortable with legal jargon. Good luck to you during this time...
2 :
Since I did not know where my "EX" was living, when I wanted to get divorced from her, the Court ordered me to Publish an Ad in a newspaper that she, or a friend, or family member "could see/read". The Ad had to run a certain amount of time. Then I had to wait a certain amount of time, allowing "someone" time to respond. Once all the criteria was met, I was declared divorced, and free to marry my "new wife".
3 :
You can get all the appropriate forms for the Florida Supreme Court in your County and file it yourself pro per. Go on-line to their website I have listed below. You can download all the forms there. Just look for Dissolution without children forms. Also check for waiver and deferral of filing fees forms so that you can pay later or make payment arrangements with the court. If you have any problems check with a para legal they can help filling them out they just cannot give any legal advice.
4 :
Get an attorney and divorce him in absentia.
5 :
You would file in your state of residency, which is usually where you've lived the past 6 months (all states laws vary). You may look into an annulment. They are more difficult to get, as they have specific requirements, but it would basically make it as if the marriage never existed. If you don't qualify for one, you'd need to file for divorce.






Read more discussions :