Thursday, June 14, 2012

I live in Florida and my sidewalks get green and slippery. What is the best substance with a pressure washer


I live in Florida and my sidewalks get green and slippery. What is the best substance with a pressure washer?
What is the best chemical/substance to use to clean the green off my sidewalks using a pressure washer? Thanks.
Maintenance & Repairs - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Have you tried water only? I have a similar condition that occurs on one of my sidewalks because it gets no direct sunlight. I don't use any chemicals just high pressure water to blast it away. The reason for not using chemicals is that I prefer to be a little more eco responsible where possible and I don't want the chemicals to affect my plants.
2 :
You can get a concrete cleaning solution in the cleaning supply section at a home improvement store. Or, you can try spraying something like Tilex on the sidewalk before pressure washing with just water.
3 :
Cheap way, soap and bleach. There is a product called deck wash that has an algaecide in it that may have a longer lasting effect.
4 :
Bleach works. That green slimy stuff is mold. It grows everywhere in FL, you can't leave anything outside. It should be our state flower, lol.






Read more discussions :