Friday, July 1, 2011

I Live In Florida And I am Trying To Start a New Hobby Of Collecting Herbs, Info


I Live In Florida And I am Trying To Start a New Hobby Of Collecting Herbs, Info?
As I said, I live in FL and hunting for herbs and medical plants around my location. What kind of herbs should I look for as in the woods or nature walk around here?
Hobbies & Crafts - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
are herbs like marijuana?
2 :
I don't think we have herbs in FL...we have a lot of weeds and crabgrass as well as mangroves and nasty swamps. Never heard of herbs down here. *I found this link..maybe it will help: http://plantsflorida.blogspot.com/2009/01/seven-herbs.html
3 :
You might get more responses in alternative health, gardening, food, and I had a better one but forgot. I'll come back if I can remember.
4 :
My father did that. twice. He liked walking in the woods so he started picking up herbs and collecting them. He just collected everything once, then he put it into this great book/catalogue thing.. He added the latin name for it and other info. He filled about 50 books. He then lent it out to some student and never got it back. He was heartbroken about it for a while. then we moved away from the area. about 1000 miles. He then realized that herbs were different here so he started again and he managed to fill 25 books. He then passed away and these books are still here. I am not sure what to do with them..







Read more discussions :