Sunday, June 7, 2009

If I live and own property in Florida but receive income from Louisiana how are taxes paid


If I live and own property in Florida but receive income from Louisiana how are taxes paid?
I receive a 1099 and W2 from employers in Louisiana, but live in Florida. I pay extremely high property taxes in Florida, so I would like to know if I do not have to pay Louisiana income taxes, and if my property taxes are deductible. Please let me know your source of information as well. Thanks!
United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Were you present in Louisiana to do the job? If not, your income is not taxable in Louisiana. You should keep a letter from your employer that you worked from Florida and never worked in Louisiana. My answer is based on general rules. I do not know if Louisiana has any exception. Read http://taxipay.blogspot.com/2008/04/list-of-articles.html
2 :
Yes, you have to file a LA state tax return, and pay state income taxes on the LA income. See http://www.revenue.louisiana.gov/sections/individual/default.aspx for more info.






Read more discussions :