Saturday, February 14, 2009

How long to you have to live in Florida to become a legal resident


How long to you have to live in Florida to become a legal resident?
I am on the verge of fighting my soon to be ex husband for custody of our daughter. We lived in Maryland, but after some events took place, my children and I are living in Florida with my brother. How long do I have to live in Florida before I can claim legal residency to be able to fight him for custody within the state of Florida?? Otherwise, I'd have to fight him in Maryland, and it would be horrific to have to bring my kids back and forth for court cases. Thank you all so much!
Marriage & Divorce - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You have to be living in Florida for ONE year to claim residency, If you are serious in staying here in florida change ur drivers licenses ASAP so they know you have been living here for a year. Or you can get a bill under ur name.
2 :
the kids should not have to go back and forth and be put in the middle, keep that between the adults
3 :
Actually, I live in central Florida..when my Jim moved here..he changed to a Florida drivers license with florida address...He was considered a resident..Go to the DMV..good luck...I think he was here 2 weeks cause we were car shopping...and the car dealership said he needed a Florida residence and drivers license...





Read more discussions :