Saturday, May 21, 2011

For those who live in Florida where do you go to vacation


For those who live in Florida where do you go to vacation?
Do you simply stay instate or do you travel out of state, if so where? I have always wondered because Florida is such a big vacation state that I would think locals would get bored with the same old same old beach all of the time and want to go somewhere else.
Other - United States - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I live in Florida. I have never been to Disney or Orlando. I have been to Daytona Beach which is ok and to the Gulf. Great beaches on the Gulf along with great fishing and food. A lot nicer than the Atlantic. Some of the rivers are great places to swim (only where allowed) but you have to watch for gators and poisonous snakes. Unfortunately, I don't go on vacation anymore but if I did I would vacation in New York State like the Thousand Islands, Adironack Mts, or the Finger Lakes region.
2 :
I used to live in FL and we would go to various islands in the Caribbean or NYC.
3 :
Me and mine live in Central Florida and our whole family vacations on Anna Maria Island at the mouth of Tampa Bay. It's nice and quiet and far from the maddening crowd and cheap. In the heat of the summer we head up to western North Carolina and the coolness of the Great Smokey Mountains when we can afford it. We haven't been to Disney since EPCOT opened and try to stay away from disasters like Daytona Beach and South Florida (anything below Ft. Pierce)






Read more discussions :