Friday, August 7, 2009

I live in FLorida and there are fireplaces


I live in FLorida and there are fireplaces?
I used to live in Washington D.C. and my home was built in 1905. I had no fireplace, but needed it Why is is that my homes in Florida have fireplaces?
Other - Home & Garden - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You become climatized. After you've been here 10 years, you'll think "surely it's going to snow" when the thermometer outside hits 60.
2 :
To add a romantic touch to a room.
3 :
Fire places were used to heat the house in the winter. It does get cold in Fl. during the winter months.
4 :
Believe it or not but during the winter months it can get real cold depending where you live in Florida. People tend to think it's tropical weather year round but the State of Florida is big with at least 3 different planting zones with occasional freezing in some parts. When the weather forecast a cold front with Northern winds...it gets really dry with no humidity and after living a while here your blood get thin and you get cold easily.







Read more discussions :