Saturday, March 14, 2009

Is the cost of living in Florida too high for me to live in an apartment there, work, and go to college


Is the cost of living in Florida too high for me to live in an apartment there, work, and go to college?
I wanted to move to Florida for college, get a job, and live in an apartment. I'm going to college for 8 years and will be either buying or renting a house in Florida afterwards. I'm going to become a Nurse Practitioner, they make between $79,000 and $90,000 a year in Florida. Will I be able to afford this, or is the cost of living truly too high-like I've heard?
Renting & Real Estate - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
35 miles south of chicago average rent is 900 for a apartment 1400 for a house use that as a scale
2 :
where are you going to live/work/go to school...there are 3 distinct parts to FL ( like CA)...north west (panhandle), central (Tallahassee) to Orlando, southern (Orlando to the Keys)..the farther south you go, the more expensive it is...and since we're psychic and know how much you need to live, well I'd tell you to look up some stuff on www.myflorida.com
3 :
I doubt it. Im in Tampa and I think its lower here than in most other big cities, but higher than small towns. With the real estate collapse, rents prices are low. I own a nice townhouse im renting out for $995 a month. It has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, granite countertops and 1345 sq feet. I think its pretty cheap here.
4 :
I would look up the place and search the newspapers online. I would like to know also, as I am sick of the cold. When I was down there yrs. ago, I saw condos advertising for good prices (like 35k for 1 block from the beach). I bet the prices may be at that level again, but who knows. Supposedly, Florida has had big problems in foreclosures, but don't rely on the media. If people are buying property, they want to rent to people too. Good luck on the school thing. That is a great thing to get into. As far as affordable, count school cost plus apartment and that could be too much, but if you can get a good paying job outside of school, it could work.






Read more discussions :