Monday, March 7, 2011

I live in Florida and i need to go to the dentist, but cant afford it..any advice


I live in Florida and i need to go to the dentist, but cant afford it..any advice?
I recently moved to Florida and i have had a toothache for a couple of days, I dont have insurance here for another couple of weeks/months until medicaid goes through..I dont have 100$ to pay for xrays, but im in so much pain. I live in the fort myers area is there any dentists on here who have any advice for me?
Dental - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Get some painkillers... or move to Canada, where we dont make people suffer just because they dont have insurance.....
2 :
I suggest contacting your local college.Most have dental programs and they do the work for free. Good Luck!
3 :
try to find a free clinic. they have those sometimes.
4 :
Well that sucks. Try looking up dental schools in your area, they will often do things for free or much less, or go the local ER, they have to treat you and you can arrange to pay over long, long, perioods of time. good luck,,,,toothaches are the abosolute worst.
5 :
Look in the phone book and find a dental school. They will see you at a cheaper rate and you will get great care. You gotta get it taken care of or it could get REAL bad and cost a LOT more. Good luck!
6 :
call your local healthcare university and see if you can make an apply for a volunteering dental training. Sometimes universities give their students a chance to get training on the field by providing them with real world people instead of books and such. Give them a call...it might take about a week or two before they call you back though but hey its free!
7 :
I would encourage you to visit this website: www.healthsavings.ourperfectcard.com I signed up online over 3 years ago for all my dental work and they have saved me thousands of dollars throughout the years. All services are included from root canals, cleanings. xrays, cosmetic surgery, orthodontics...etc. They even had my very affordable plan active in 2 hours and able to use it the same day. Good Luck and Hope this Helps
8 :
Very few dentists take medicaid as they hardly pay anything for dental treatment and it's a losing proposition for the office. The dental schools in Florida are in Gainesville at the University of Florida or in Ft.Lauderdale at Nova University. Try calling the health dept. in Ft. Myers; they may be able to help you out.
9 :
Hi neighbor, I live in Cape Coral. There is a medical school here that is very cheap, it is at the Edison college. Here is their information. Edison College Dental Center 8099 College PKWY Ft Myers, FL 239-985-8334 Hope this helps!!!
10 :
Go to www.mybenefitsplus.com/realsavings. Trust me, it'll knock about $80 off those xrays! It's the best dental plan I've ever had!






Read more discussions :